Sunday, August 26, 2012

Young Goodman Brown Questions

1. I think Hawthorne's purpose to write this story was to send the message to people that dreams are powerful things.

2. The name Faith might fit her personality, but in Goodman Brown's mind after the experience in the forest he doesn't have true faith in her.

3. I think the pink ribbons signify God.

4. It was a dream because in the passage it says that he woke up alone in the forest, so he must have fallen asleep and had a bad dream.

5. I think that the old man is the devil. It said his staff was like a snake so I assume that it symbolized evil.

6. The staff represented evil and I think the primary motivator was Brown's own conscience/mind.

7. If Brown never ventured into the forest then everything would have been normal and he would still trust Faith and the other townspeople.

No comments:

Post a Comment