Wednesday, January 16, 2013

THEME FOR ENGLISH 3

I am not the person that teachers see me as. When I'm in the classroom, I am usually doing work and being quite/reserved. When I'm outside the class, I am usually more open and I put my "two cents" into conversations. In the future, as I pursue knowledge and find my place in the world, I do believe that I can be my real self. When I get to the gate at school I check to make sure that I look fine and usually keep some of my opinions to myself while I'm inside the school gates. Sometimes I feel that I have something to add to the learning experience of class, but I am to reserved to say it. I think the "powers-that-be" of the school admire that I am a hard worker. I feel compelled to keep some of my personal thoughts private and to myself. It is possible for me to take ownership of my learning process and demonstrate what I know, but as of right now my role in learning is a function of authority and power relationships.

1 comment:

  1. The nice thing about this class is that the power relations end as soon as you walk through Dr. Preston's door. Dr. Preston wants students to succeed. He is more of a mentor than a teacher in the sense that is commonly held. If you have an idea that you want to do in his class, run with it. Dr. Preston acts as a resource to help you turn your idea int a reality. I look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete